We got here about 2:30pm local time (8:30pm Eastern time)--the airport here is really cool & is completely open-air. We went immediately to get our marriage license. Unfortunately due to some confusion with directions, we missed our turn. The directions they gave us said the highway would become 6 lanes, but really they meant that there would be 2 driving lanes, 2 turn lanes, and 2 breakdown lanes. Obviously, these people have never been to Atlanta or they would know the meaning of a 6 lane highway.
So we got our marriage license and immediately felt really old. I always thought getting married was something old people did, but here we are. Luckily, the place we had to go to for our license had a whole herd of wild goats roaming around, grazing on the golf course, which gave us some amusement. Plus, I kept noting how the old lava fields just look like poop. Furthermore, someone had made a coral graffiti (white coral on black lava) message that said "Clay Aiken Sucks" so all these things combined made us feel young-spirited again.Right now it is 3:00am Eastern time and I think we're just about running out of steam. Tomorrow we're driving over to Hilo via the northern route. We'll stop & see lots of waterfalls & sites along the way and then we're doing a helicopter tour of Kilauea! So excited!!
Please enjoy our pics.
Super-cool! I'm glad things are going well and you both are having fun. Love the photos! I can't wait to hear about the wedding!!!
ReplyDeleteHi kids! You'll be all grown up soon. Hope your parents covered all the important stuff.
ReplyDeleteI like Clay Aiken...
Congratulations once again! I love the photos! Rocks that look like poop...heh heh...
Woo hoo!!! Have a great time!!
ReplyDeletei love your blog!! can't wait to follow your adventures. PB sends his love. OMG, P.S I love You....my friend Lindsay and I went and we bawled the ENTIRE movie!!
ReplyDeletecan't believe you're there already. I expect to hear from you on this blog every 30 minutes or so. That's said, what has been going on the last several hours!??!!
ReplyDelete