Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hawaii Day 7

Hello and welcome to day 7 of Bill & Heather's Excellent Adventure, or fantastic voyage if that's what you prefer. If you've kept up with us this long, we would like to offer you our thanks and gratitude, along with our deepest heartfelt apologies. Don't you have something better to do? Perhaps not... but really, who doesn't love Coolio?


Not too many pix to post today because we went snorkeling and used waterproof disposable cameras that we need to drop off when we get home. It was my first time 'adult" snorkeling - that is to say more than just using a $3 mask and snorkel set from The Fair in the four foot deep water at Wallum lake.

The snorkel tour was about 3.5 hours and we enjoyed it despite the lack of sunshine and the pretty damn cold water temps. The guide said the water was 80, as a native New Englander, I can say bulls***.

After the snorkels, we visited Kona Brewing Company and walked around downtown Kona for a while. Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be hippies - the town was so thick with homeless ones that I wanted to buy a boombox and start playing Slayer. When you live in Atlanta and take note of another city's homeless population, that's saying something.



We're not sure what tomorrow holds but we'll do our best to update before we head back to the mainland. Mahalo...

2 comments:

  1. Glad you two are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I don't have anything better to do. You'll notice the time stamps on my comments are during work. I have my priorities straight.

    I've really enjoyed your blog. The pics are great and it's really nice to hear what you're up to. We're looking forward to seeing you when you get back.

    I love Bill's yachting outfit in that last picture. He looks so different without the whiskers! Did you make him shave, Heather?

    ReplyDelete