We were wishy-washy all last night and this morning about where we should spend our final day. We hadn't been to Trunk Bay yet and since we were up and out early, I thought we should go there before it got crowded. Something just didn't feel right about that, though and at the last minute I decided we should give Gibney Beach one more try. I am so, so glad we did.
When we arrived, there was only one other couple there and they were at the far end of the beach. We decided to head to the middle section and leave the entrance section to whomever came next. For the entire time we were there, there were only 4 other people at the beach. It was almost like we had our own little beach all to ourselves.
| Almost Secluded Gibney Beach |
Our plan was to go to Trunk Bay for lunch and spend the afternoon there, but when we got to the overlook and saw what it looked like, we decided to just skip it altogether.
| Way Too Crowded Trunk Bay |
| Yes Please! |
We didn't really love Maho. What can I say? Maybe we were just already feeling sad about leaving or maybe we had just already realized that no beach could ever compare to Gibney or Jumbie, but we didn't hang around long before going back to the house to clean up and get ready for our final dinner on the island.
First, though, our final sunset at Francis Bay Beach. Unfortunately it was cut short by a stupid cloud that blocked the very ending.
| Sunset at Francis Bay |
Tomorrow we have to drive to Cruz Bay, drop off our snorkel equipment, catch the car barge over to St. Thomas, hopefully stop off for a little duty-free shopping and return the Jeep at the airport all by noon. That being said, I think it's time for me to sign off, finish packing and get a good night's sleep. I know I'll be dreaming of St. John and all its beauty until I can witness it in person once again.
Have loved reading about all of your adventures! Can't wait to hear more :) Erin
ReplyDelete